Friday, August 29, 2008

How Crafty Am I ?


When my Grandma passed away a few years ago she left me her sewing machine, and I don't sew (I think she was hinting- she gave my aunt her vacuum cleaner...)It has been gathering dust until I have room to set it up at my house. My mother is a beautiful quilter and I hit her up frequently for "small projects" that I want her to sew. For 26 years this strategy has worked brilliantly and I've gotten quilts, dresses, alterations, you name it just for saying please. But those golden days are over and now that I have my "own" sewing machine I am expected to do my own crafting. So here's my first sewing project, I did have to take it out to mom's house to get some help but I did a lot of my own work. Although if it says something about the success of my sewing career I've already started another knitting project - nap time is too short to waste on crafts I don't enjoy!
By the way: She's supposed to be a little lamb- Ryan said " Oh what a cute alien" boys...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I think your lamb is as cute as can be...can't wait to see the next one..hint, hint!! Mom

marciekoch said...

Cute lamb! :) I wish I knew how to sew - I could never make anything like that - consider yourself lucky that you even sorta know how to sew!
Thanks for the TV show suggestions - Melissa and I LOVE Weeds! We are so addicted. I think we watched the 3rd season in 2 days!!! I may have to rewatch them. :)
I have Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, and The Office on my Netflix queue. Have you watched any of those?

Carly Andelin said...

How crafty you are, Amy! I'm impressed! I've starting sewing a couple of things as well--it gets easier and you get better the more you do it!