Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
* Last week my cousin was giving me a hard time about not having a facebook page. So this morning I signed up for one- HOLY CRAP. I had no idea that this is where all the cool kids are. I just entered my name and birthday and about 300 people pop up under the people you might know list. Seriously- it felt a little George Orwell 1984 to me, how do they know I know all these people? FREAKY!
*Did you know that when you move to a new state in order to get a new license you have to retake the written test? seriously? aren't the traffic laws the same in every state- as if waiting hours in line isn't bad enough now I have to relive my days in Drivers Ed? Just charge me a ridiculous fee and be done. (actually, I'm just bitter because I scored a 40% on a practice test so now I have to study for real.) ARRGG!!
* I'm no fashionista but I've noticed that the 80's seem to be coming back in style. Come on people- unless you're 2 years old stretch pants DO NOT look good on you. Stop, step away from the lycra. Think about all the innocent high school girls who suffered brain damage from overexposure to Aqua net. I hope it goes away- we don't need another generation of couples who hide their wedding pictures because their husbands had a perm and they bedazzled their wedding dress.
* We leave for Vegas in 8 days... YIPPEE!
* For some reason I am a natural disaster when it comes to knives. It seems like all I have to do is take a knife out of the knife block and someone gets hurt. Even my mom flinches when I cut something (Ryan and Bobbie just take the knife away). I've cut myself with my bread knife about 10 times, once so bad I had to go to the hospital. A month ago I was using and knife as a lever to help me put together Laneys booster seat. (FYI- bad idea). It slipped and I ended up stabbing myself in the chin. Who does that? I don't know what boy I was flirting with during that unit in Home Ec. but I missed out on a critical skill.
Well, naptime's almost over, that's probably enough of me for one day!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
So, as Fran and Jess pointed out we don't really give our husbands very much blog space- so since Jess tagged me I thought I clear some space for my hubby...
Monday, February 16, 2009
Checking things out- she didn't want to miss a thing!
Trying to get a close to the water and little critters as she can. She would have stayed here all day.
Looking at a fish tank- in total awe! She ran around the aquarium from tank to tank, and every time another little kid got too close to what she was looking at she'd turn and point her little finger and tell them "no". Guess we need to work on sharing!
Eating on the waterfront- she loves clam chowder- who would've thought?
And she crashed, we didn't make it through Pike street before she crashed in her stroller (a first for her) . It was a pretty good weekend. but Ryan and I both decided we're glad we don't live there any more!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
* Have you ever noticed that every disaster story from parents begins with the phrase "it got very quiet all of a sudden..."? A few examples- It got quiet and I found Laney painting her pajamas with finger nail polish, it got quiet and I found Delaney drinking bottoms up from the infant motrin bottle, it got quiet and I discovered my kid elbows deep in a box of chocolates... you get my drift. People think that the screaming and chaos that comes with kids is the problem but its the silence that strikes fear into the heart of every parent.
* 14 kids? Seriously? GET A JOB! READ A BOOK! GO FOR A WALK! and at all costs resist the urge to procreate!!
* The thought of having another baby terrifies me. Seriously, how do you people do it? I can barely function with one toddler- add an infant into the mix and I might lose it. How do you grocery shop- how do you nurse one and stop the other from playing in the toilet? Delaney won't be an only child, but damn, I'm scared of adding another one in the mix. *** DISCLAIMER*** I am not pregnant (just chubby) or trying to get pregnant. I break out in hives when people even ask about another baby!
* Ryan and I are going to Vegas in a few weeks, and I'm VERY excited! We're leaving the Laney Bug with my parents and enjoying a weekend of late nights, sleeping in and general debauchery!
* I got me some good friends. They listen to me drone on in a sleepy deprived haze about my kids sleeping schedule. They will brave Costco and Craft Warehouse with Laney and I, just to make sure we get out of the house, they make the tough times ok. Love you guys!
* If Jess and I make one more trip to Craft Warehouse for fabric, they're gonna have to send our husbands the deed to the place. Seriously- its a problem.
* On a serious note, Ryan's Grandma Rill passed away this weekend. She was one tough lady, funny, loved kids, talented artist, it makes me sad to think that Laney didn't really get a chance to know her. She will be missed.
She still loves going outside- not matter how cold- here she is playing peek-a-boo
She leads Angus around on a leash all day- she wants him to sit with her while she eats, reads her books, plays, everything. I think he is the most tolerate dog on the planet, and she adores him.
She has figured out our water dispenser- so she soaks herself and my carpet several times a day trying to get her water fix (seriously, what is it with this kid and water?)
Here she is balancing on the exercise ball with dad- she must have inherited her skills from her dad because she didn't get that from me!
Here she is watching Curious George (her favorite) in the morning, she wakes up like I do- slow and crabby. I keep telling her that if she'd sleep in it would hurt less...
And my favorite- everything right now is a hat- she thinks she's pretty clever with this one!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Lucky little girl to have Grandparents like that!!
Here are Delaney and Emersyn watching Old Macdonald- Emersyn's favorite- can you tell?
This is what Jessica's house looked like when we were done, do you think we'll be invited back anytime soon?
Laney spent most of the day climbing up and down the stairs- and she finally decided to watch the movie from that vantage point, silly girl!