Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
We had a good time but were all exhausted by the end of the day (I found out that my cougar calves have atrophied since college and almost died of exhaustion from all the walking with Laney). The Cougs had a terrible game, but we got to see some friends from California (hi Lisa and Ryan) and Laney got a good taste of her future.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
2. We lost no less than 3 binki's in the middle of the night.
3. Laney has had her own personal pajama party beginning at 5:15.
4. At 6 am she decided that she wanted to invite her friends over for said pajama party and dialed my parents house on my cell phone.
5. She and her daddy had a head on collision resulting in 10 minutes of crying (Laney, not Ryan) and a lot of snot.
6. I have not yet had breakfast or caffiene...
...can't wait to see what the next 12 hours brings....
Monday, September 22, 2008
At some point during the party yesterday Laney, Gracee and Papa Mike ended up out in the pasture. Laney was trying to love on her cousin but I think Gracee was trying to run away... I especially like when Laney is trying to pat Gracee on the head ( can you tell we need to spend less time around dogs and more around people?)
Here are all of the little kids "helping" unwrap Gracee's presents... This is also the most social interaction my child has ever had- she wasn't so sure what to do with all of the other kids around.
We didn't bring Laney's stroller so she had to substitute this car and one of Gracee's dolls.
Then she decided that it was WAY more fun to push her cousin around...
* DVR- I can record all the bad tv I love to watch and then, get this, fast forward through the commercials- it's heaven I tell you!
* All Memoirs Jen Lancaster- she is so funny, I highly recommend picking up one of her books, if I could write I'd want to write like that!
* My new green polka dot (it's not as ugly as it sounds) bathrobe- all fuzzy and warm, mmmm.
* Getting my hair done- especially colored, it makes me feel good no matter what.
* Barnes and Noble, shelves and shelves of books with a starbucks right in the center- 'nuff said.
* Watching my kid try to run- she pretty much just hops in place until she trips, quite entertaining!
See, now didn't that lighten the mood a little?
Thursday, September 18, 2008
(note: this was after the dog water incident yesterday so her clothes were in the dryer-not to worry we do dress her occasionally)
6. Why do I have to wait 40 minutes for the doctor (or pictures at JC Pennys) ? Listen, I get there on time, my kid is rested, fed, clean and happy. Waiting for almost an hour in a poorly decorated waiting room the size of my shower does not help her temperment (or mine), deal with us at your own risk.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Checking out the sheep- she didn't want to be anywhere near the sheep and looked terrified when Ryan tried to put her down.
Here's Emersyn wondering why Laney's such a scaredy cat.
Once we were away from all the animals she wanted to run around everywhere- we finally had to leave the sale barn and go out on the grass because she wanted to play with the big kids in all the dirt.
Gracee and Delaney doing what they do best- stealing each other's binky's!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
It's finally official, as of last Monday Ryan is the new owner of Desert Dental. He's finished his first week of work (it all went smoothly) and is working out all the kinks. He had to go into the office yesterday for awhile so Delaney and I went with him to check out his new digs. Here are some pictures from the office- his new sign, Delaney in the garden out back, Laney Bug in one of the dental chairs and with her daddy at his new desk. I guess it really is Dr. Wieseler now (he has the embroidered coats to prove it). So now its time for you all to do your part, drink some sugary pop and forget the dental floss- we've got loan payments to make!