Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Tag About Ryan



So, as Fran and Jess pointed out we don't really give our husbands very much blog space- so since Jess tagged me I thought I clear some space for my hubby...
1. Where did you meet your hubby? As most of you know we met in high school. To this day we still argue about why we didn't get together sooner. I say because he thought he was too cool for me, and he would tell you that I was thought I was too good for him. Guess it worked out in the end...
2. How long did you date before you got married? 4 years. We started dating the summer after high school graduation and didn't get married until we finished at WSU.
3. How long have you been married? 5 years in June.
4. What does he do to surprise you? I'm sure this is not what the question intended but Ryan is always trying to sneak up and surprise me. He is constantly lurking around corners and yelling or clapping loudly. He loves to startle me- now, I'm pretty much immune to all surprise attacks.
5. Favorite feature of his. I'd have to say his eyes or arms... its a toss up. (although I want to throw in his hands because they pretty much earn our paycheck)
6. What is his best quality? He is a hard worker. he sticks even a tough situation out. He had to go to school for 8 years to be a dentist. He can set a goal and stay with it until he's accomplished it.
7. Nickname he has for me. Nothing really, he tends to call me Fran (his sisters name) by mistake but other than that we really don't have nicknames.
8. His favorite food. I honestly don't know (I do, however, know that it's nothing I cook). I guess I'd have to say anything his mom cooks. He likes steak and scalloped potatoes.
9. His favorite sport. Football, definitely. He knows all kinds of random stats and info on the players. His memory for football is freakish. He loves fantasy football and could watch it non stop.
10. Where did you first kiss? It was the first week or two we were up at WSU. We went out to eat and ended up at the observatory on campus and we had our first kiss.
11. Your favorite thing to do as a couple. Right now, we like just having some quiet adult time watching tv (we're boring). We're watching a lot of renovation realities on HGTV and laughing at other couples fighting. We also like to go do things together- in Seattle we'd go to the zoo or aquarium together and just walk around.
12. Do you have any children? Delaney and the two dogs.
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He is really smart. If he is interested in something he will spend hours researching it, and once he had read it or heard it it is locked in his brain. (that rule seems to be suspended when I'm talking, but is generally true). He is like a walking encyclopedia.
14. How old is he? 26. Four days older than I am.
15. Who said I love you first? Honestly, I'm not sure. I think it might have been me.... I tend to be the more chatty one.
16. Favorite music. Right now he is listening to a lot of rock. He likes Hinder, and a little rap. He also listens to country, but turns rock on in the car (I think just to annoy me.)
17. What do I admire most about him? His ability to take on big challenges and see the big picture. 4 years of dental school seemed like forever to me, but he knew that it was something that he wanted to do and that it would be good for our family. He was willing to make the sacrifices to achieve his goal. The same with his practice. I was terrified to take such a big leap, but he could see the big picture and was willing to take the risk and give it 100 % because he knew it was a good opportunity for us. He will give it his all to make it work, and I really admire that.
18. Favorite color. I have no idea. I think blue or green.
19. Will he read this? Maybe, sometimes he surprises me and checks the blog. Probably depends on if its a slow day in the world of sports.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good to hear some good things about our husbands. I think I should fill out a list like this once a month or so just to remember why I love my husband:) Good job on your list--made me like Ryan!!!

Phil and Holly said...

So I think all us husbands like to scare and startle our wives, the reaction is just so entertaining. -phil