Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nap time and not a craft in sight...

Well, today I find myself in an interesting position. Laney's taking her morning nap, and I don't have any projects to work on (good thing Jess and I have a fabric excursion planned for tomorrow) and since I am actively trying to avoid exercising and cleaning I decided to grant you another exciting glimpse into the inner workings of my mind. (don't lie, you know you're excited.)

* Last week my cousin was giving me a hard time about not having a facebook page. So this morning I signed up for one- HOLY CRAP. I had no idea that this is where all the cool kids are. I just entered my name and birthday and about 300 people pop up under the people you might know list. Seriously- it felt a little George Orwell 1984 to me, how do they know I know all these people? FREAKY!

*Did you know that when you move to a new state in order to get a new license you have to retake the written test? seriously? aren't the traffic laws the same in every state- as if waiting hours in line isn't bad enough now I have to relive my days in Drivers Ed? Just charge me a ridiculous fee and be done. (actually, I'm just bitter because I scored a 40% on a practice test so now I have to study for real.) ARRGG!!

* I'm no fashionista but I've noticed that the 80's seem to be coming back in style. Come on people- unless you're 2 years old stretch pants DO NOT look good on you. Stop, step away from the lycra. Think about all the innocent high school girls who suffered brain damage from overexposure to Aqua net. I hope it goes away- we don't need another generation of couples who hide their wedding pictures because their husbands had a perm and they bedazzled their wedding dress.

* We leave for Vegas in 8 days... YIPPEE!

* For some reason I am a natural disaster when it comes to knives. It seems like all I have to do is take a knife out of the knife block and someone gets hurt. Even my mom flinches when I cut something (Ryan and Bobbie just take the knife away). I've cut myself with my bread knife about 10 times, once so bad I had to go to the hospital. A month ago I was using and knife as a lever to help me put together Laneys booster seat. (FYI- bad idea). It slipped and I ended up stabbing myself in the chin. Who does that? I don't know what boy I was flirting with during that unit in Home Ec. but I missed out on a critical skill.

Well, naptime's almost over, that's probably enough of me for one day!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have also been getting lots of crap about not having facebook. what is the deal??? You can come and finish some of my piles of projects.

marciekoch said...

I was glad to see you on Facebook...maybe you can be the one that finally convinces Jessica! :)
I'm hoping you're able to come to Junior Miss tomorrow! And - I really want to go on one of these infamous Amy and Jessica craft/fabric trips!