Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On My Mind

It occurs to me that my blog has become the Delaney Show lately (kinda like my life ) so I thought I'd share some things that have been on my mind- for your entertainment of course.

* Have you ever noticed that every disaster story from parents begins with the phrase "it got very quiet all of a sudden..."? A few examples- It got quiet and I found Laney painting her pajamas with finger nail polish, it got quiet and I found Delaney drinking bottoms up from the infant motrin bottle, it got quiet and I discovered my kid elbows deep in a box of chocolates... you get my drift. People think that the screaming and chaos that comes with kids is the problem but its the silence that strikes fear into the heart of every parent.

* 14 kids? Seriously? GET A JOB! READ A BOOK! GO FOR A WALK! and at all costs resist the urge to procreate!!

* The thought of having another baby terrifies me. Seriously, how do you people do it? I can barely function with one toddler- add an infant into the mix and I might lose it. How do you grocery shop- how do you nurse one and stop the other from playing in the toilet? Delaney won't be an only child, but damn, I'm scared of adding another one in the mix. *** DISCLAIMER*** I am not pregnant (just chubby) or trying to get pregnant. I break out in hives when people even ask about another baby!

* Ryan and I are going to Vegas in a few weeks, and I'm VERY excited! We're leaving the Laney Bug with my parents and enjoying a weekend of late nights, sleeping in and general debauchery!

* I got me some good friends. They listen to me drone on in a sleepy deprived haze about my kids sleeping schedule. They will brave Costco and Craft Warehouse with Laney and I, just to make sure we get out of the house, they make the tough times ok. Love you guys!

* If Jess and I make one more trip to Craft Warehouse for fabric, they're gonna have to send our husbands the deed to the place. Seriously- its a problem.

* On a serious note, Ryan's Grandma Rill passed away this weekend. She was one tough lady, funny, loved kids, talented artist, it makes me sad to think that Laney didn't really get a chance to know her. She will be missed.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Weird. A lot of the same things that are my mind. Who would have thought:)

GSGC StrongFamily said...

Hi Amy! Sorry to say I am not the best at always leaving comments on your blog, but you crack me up! Your little Laney is such a cutie!

The McGary's said...

I think you should blog about what is on your mind more often because you always have me laughing. Of course we love the Laney show and she has the cutest personality.