Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust...

Lately everyone we know has been getting the stomach flu. It started with Ryan's cousin Kelseys girls, then went to Gracee and the Waters family and to Jessica's baby Emersyn. I was starting to feel like Teflon because we have escaped it everytime... until now.

Yesterday afternoon we all loaded up to go to the fair and rodeo, once we got to Town however I started to get sick. We had to turn back around and go home (I didn't make it all the way home and ended up tossing my lunch in a parking lot about 3 blocks from home- yuck!) Once we got home it really got bad and around 6 I got the worst pain I've ever had in my stomach, it felt like the gallstones I've had only worse (seriously- it compared with childbirth). So after several hours of writhing on my bathroom floor (I REALLY need to clean the bathrooms !) We went to the emergency room. I got in right away and they gave me some anti-nausea medicine, pain killers and muscle relaxers and sent me home (with vicodin- which will explain the disjointed writing and typos). Today I'm feeling ok, I'm pretty out of it from all the meds but hopefully I'll be able to keep food down later this afternoon.

So now, Ryan is starting to feel sick- and I am dreading Delaney starting with this. Yucky- I'm just praying we survive! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

hope you are feeling better. Let me know if you need anything. this is like a super human flu virus. Emersyn finally got the diarrhea part today. oh joy. fell better.

Deborah Austin said...

Oh that stinks so so bad I hate being sick and you are way sick. I hope you get better soon and that Delany doen't get it.