Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Have You Seen My Cell Phone?

The other day I was at Walmart (which I hate for several reasons...) and Laney was at the end of her rope with my errands and started to cry- at first I pulled a toy off the shelf and let her play with that but when that got old I let her play in my purse. Normally, I would never let her get into my purse but I was desperate and a little embarrassed at her Howler Monkey scream so I gave in. Long story short when I got home I couldn't find my cell phone. I looked EVERYWHERE ( seriously, I even unloaded the freezer and the dryer) no luck. I then proceeded to go back to Walmart to look (I even looked through all the carts in the parking lot- imagine how many germs I was exposed to touching all those carts... GROSS) still..nothing. I called Walmart (okay maybe I phone stalked their customer service department) Nada. At this point I am in a panic- I cancelled the service and went through my car and garage one more time (it was midnight- I tend to obsess about things...) ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH.

So- I am now convinced that some nice, honest person at Walmart (who may or may not have showered in the last decade) found my phone and decided that I was intending to make a charitable donation in their name and took it home for their very own. Not creepy at all that it has all my phone numbers and pictures of my daughter, not creepy at all.

Anywhoo... Now I needed a new phone desperately, and guess what? We're not up for any renewal with AT&T so I get to pay FULL PRICE for a phone.. YIPPEE... so two trips to Tri-Cities (in one day- don't ask) and the monetary equivalent of a car payment later I am back in the communication loop. Fun Times!

No comments: