Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fixing Jeans and a Present for Teacher

 

Lately it seems all my jeans don’t  fit, or drag on the ground and its been making m crazy so I’ve been on a little bit of a binge trying to “tailor” them.  The first thing I tried was this tutorial to hem the jeans using the original hem. It worked like a charm, I hemmed a couple pairs of jeans this way, each to go with a different height of heel (or in my case, flats). On the one pair I had to serge the excess off (my mom did the serging actually) but I no longer have to roll them up or drag on the ground!

ironout

The second fix I’ve done is from this tutorial. I had some pants that gaped in the waist band, and one pair that were cheap, but  a little too big. Instead of trying to make a dart in the waist band, this tutorial suggested to just run elastic through the whole waist band so it didn’t have an odd pucker. I LOVED the results! No more saggy jeans (They look weird on the hanger, but once they’re on no one will notice the difference.) Big fan of this one! take in pants jeans at the waist

 

And the last of my projects was a little tote bag for Delaney’s preschool teacher who had to resign for health reasons. We really loved Miss Gale so I wanted to make her something personal, but didn’t have much time to do it. Jessica suggested this tutorial from Noodlehead. I wen together quickly and was a really nice size. I added a personal appliqué, then filled it with candy, and handmade apple dishtowel and a gift card to Barnes and Noble.

DSC00260DSC00261DSC00269

Done!

(I used this process for the towel and the name appliqué.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the towel. I have been wanting to make myself some cute dish towels FOREVER!!! Maybe you gave me an idea:)