Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Ideas…

I’ve been on a crafting bender the last few days and here are a few of the results- some I’m saving for Christmas gifts (I like to get started early!)

Here is a sugar scrub that Jessica posted on her blog. It is a Pumpkin Spice sugar rub, that takes about 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to make. I use it on my dry winter hands and it feels so nice, and smells better! I mixed up a batch to send down to the girls in Ryan’s office and for Laney’s preschool teachers. I think I’ll mix up another batch closer to Christmas to give out to some friends and neighbors and a cheap and easy gift. 

DSC00578

Next I made a few Mommy and me aprons- I found this fabric and knew it had to come home with me! Laney LOVES to cook and LOVES to have matching anything so it was a match made in heaven.

DSC00618

For the Mommy apron I used a combination of patterns from this book. And for the little girls apron I used this tutorial, I am completely in love! This is definitely going to be my new go to girlie gift this year! 

DSC00623

Here’s a closer look at the fabric flower on both the aprons, I’ve never made these because they looked like a complete pain, but  it was actually really easy.

DSC00621

Hopefully I’ll have time in the next month (ha ha) to make a few more of these, I’m so happy with the finished product!

Let the Christmas crafting begin!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Cute. Love the aprons. Why are we crafting SEPERATELY??