Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

We were blessed with another wonderful Christmas this year. Delaney LOVED opening her presents (and everyone else's for that matter) each year it is more fun to watch her get into the season. Our Christmas extravaganza began on the 20th when my parents and Andrew and Jessica (his girlfriend) came to our house for Christmas. It was my first year getting to host and I had a great time celebrating in our new house (not to worry people- we got a smoked turkey and my mom helped with the rest of the cooking- no one died from my cooking).

Like I said- Laney opened every present that night- just kept jumping from person to person saying "me, open- please?"

This is Andrew and Jessica (doesn't he look excited?) and the quilt I made for Jess.


Uncle "anew" got Laney this basketball hoop- she opened it and immediately demanded "Daddy- open!!"


Our whole family.... here's the story on this the matching jammers.... A few years ago I had the idea that each year we should all get matching pajamas, take a family picture and use it for our Christmas card. That way each year would be similar- cute idea right? Apparently not. My husband flat out refused to wear anything resembling matching pj's in a picture that someone might see- so that idea went down the drain. My mom remebered this and this year made us all matching pajamas! Ha ha, Ryan- atleast I'll have one picture!

A few days later on the 23rd Ryan, Laney and I opened our presents at home....

opening Elmo! She could barely contain herself..


Playing with the marble race game her Daddy found and put together for her- she took it apart within the hour!

You can see she really got the hang of opening presents!

Then on Christmas Eve we went out to Mike and Trina's to celebrate Christmas with them....

Laney hamming it up with her Dad- I love this picture!


Gracee, Delaney and Krae in front of Nina's pretty tree.

Christmas Day we went out to my parents house and celebrated with my mom's side of the family- the camera battery was low so this is my one picture of the day- isn't that tutu too much?

No comments: