Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Little Lost Dog

On Christmas Day, we were out at my parents house and Ryan had the dogs down at the mobile home for a few hours. When he loaded up to come home for dinner we couldn't find Swede. Turns out she wandered off somewhere and hadn't come back. Ryan, Andrew and my dad search for her literally for days, and finally we had to accept that she probably wasn't coming back. It broke our hearts, and believe me I cried EVERY time Delaney asked "Mommy, where's Swede." It pretty much ruined our Christmas, thinking about that little dog wandering around in the cold, lost, and hungry (or worse eaten by a coyote) sad, sad, sad.

After two night we had given up hope and come back to Hermiston. My wonderful parents kept looking for her but none of us actually thought she'd show up.

Four nights after we lost her my mom called me crying (I thought she was telling me she found my dog dead and was annoyed) to say that she had found Swede!!! On her way home from work she had a strong feeling that she should go home a different way- and she found her! Unbelievable! So we all got to load up and go pick up our dog!

After four nights in the freezing cold and snow the only thing wrong with her was the blisters she had on her paws. We are pretty thrilled to have her back and Laney can't leave her alone.

No comments: