Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What we've been up to...

As Jessica pointed out I've been terrible about blogging lately- I think it's because it has occurred to me lately that we're going to have a baby pretty soon and I might need to start getting ready, I forgot how much needs to get done! Anyway- here's a little of what we've been up to lately...

* Potty Training Laney- she's doing ok... I thought that it would be a little quicker process but turns out it doesn't happen in overnight (go ahead- laugh). We have good days, bad days, and days with Daddy where she forgets what a toilet is altogether. All resulting in me spending a ridiculous amount of time in the "potty", talking about the "potty", and reading "potty" books.

* Delaney stopped taking her medicine for her tummy and no problems- so far. We're keeping our fingers crossed that she stays healthy!

* I'm 34 weeks pregnant- and SICK of walking around like some over stuffed walrus- it's only gonna get worse, I'm hoping this little guys decides to come a wee bit early. ( and NO, no belly pictures- do you think I want to remember this?!)

*Working on changing Delaney's room into Delaney and the baby's room. We're pretty much done, just a few finishing touches and I'll be able to check that off my list.

* Sewing for baby- this weekend I finished making some burp rags and his blankie I still have about a million projects that I want to get done before he comes and I lose my ability to see straight (and shouldn't be allowed near a rotary blade).


And to leave you with a funny story...
Yesterday Jess and I were at Craft Warehouse with Em and Laney. We gave the girls a rubber duck thingy to keep them entertained while we cut the fabric. At some point they started hitting each other with it- here's how the conversation went...
Me: "Girls, be gentle with the quack quack." Nice touches please.
(pause)
Jessica: "Aren't you glad you went to 4 year of college so you could say that in public?"
.... yep, that bachelors in English is sure coming in useful now.....

3 comments:

Jessica said...

No Num Nums till after night night. I remember the first time I heard those words come out of your mouth and thought--we really are mommys now--WEIRD!!!

marciekoch said...

That's funny!! I love the quilt - you are QUICK! How did you do that?!

The McGary's said...

love the story! Your quilt looks great and I can't believe you are already 34 weeks, that went really fast for me:) I really need to get going on the potty thing and I don't think Hunter hears a word I say when it comes to anything potty, ahhh!