Friday, December 18, 2009

A Long Overdue Quilting Post

(WARNING: A lot of pictures that you might not care about!)
Remember this...


all my bindings rolled up and ready to go... (posted almost a year ago)
I thought a few of you might be interested to see how they turned out... (actually Jess was giving me a hard time about never posting my quilts... so this one's for you Jess)
I made this one for my Mom for mother's day this year... and had a terrible time getting all the corners to match, not making this pattern again!!


This is my most recent completed quilt... it's taken me over a year to finish it but I love how it turned out! The fabric is called Twiggy and I made it for our bed (originally) but since we've gotten a new bed since I started this quilt it is going on our guest bed.
Here's the back of Twiggy


I have to admit this one is my favorite... its made out of flannel and is so soft and cuddly that I snuggle under it almost everyday. Too bad flannel is such a pain to work with or I think I would use flannel for everything!

Here's the back... the pink flower on the back is my favorite fabric in the entire quilt!


This is a lap quilt that I made out of two charm packs to match our couch upstairs.


My mommy did the quilting... doesn't it look great?

... and the backing again

And another one I made just because I LOVE this fabric (wonderland by moda). This is a super simple pattern that just uses fat quarters and goes together quickly. It's a bright quilt but I still love it.
... and guess what... here's the back.


And finally... a table runner I just finished for Christmas. I used Figgy Pudding and a tutorial on Moda Bake Shop.... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Whew! That's a lot I know... but it's taken me all year just to do these... and I still have a few more "on deck". Next up is a quilt for "peanut".

4 comments:

marciekoch said...

I love them all - especially the Jelly Filled one. I love that pattern. and in flannel. Bliss.
I'm making my first quilt with flannel backing - is it really a beast to work with??? The top is done, but I ran out of batting & am not going to town until Monday. The joys of living in the sticks. :) Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

About time:) I love all of your quilts, but your tablerunner might be my favorite. I LOVE FIGGY PUDDING!!! Good work Chica!

Kiley said...

Amy, you're amazing. They're all so pretty.

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

Amy I love your quilts!!!! Hope you had a Great New Years Snowed in!