Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Recipe Idea

The other day I was talking with Fran about some recipes and I told her I'd send her this one. Since I'm always looking for new, easy ideas for dinner I thought that if I shared with all of you- you'd all share back... so here's my contribution.

Chicken Fajita Pizza

*1 Pillsbury pizza crust (from the refridg section)
*2 skinned, boned chicken breasts ( I use the pre cooked chicken strips in the blue bag from costco)
*1 tbsp vegetable oil
*2 tsp chili powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 small onion
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
*2 bell peppers chopped
* 1 cup salsa
* 1 8oz package shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

*Preheat oven to 425
* Place crust on baking sheet
* saute chicken in hot oil over medium high heat for 5 min or until tender
* stir in chili powder, salt, garlic powder. Remove from skillet.
* add onion and pepper, saute for 5 min.
* spread salsa over crust then top with peppers, onion, chicken and finally cheese.

Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until crust is done.

Then we usually top it with sour cream or more salsa. Laney will eat it and it does make for decent left overs.


So... Your turn ladies... what do you have for me?

No comments: