Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Viva Las Vegas


Ryan and I just got back from our trip to Vegas- we had a really great time! It was the first time that we've left Laney for more than one night, but it was good to get away and have some time together without a munchkin and a diaper bag. I had a hard time saying goodbye but thankfully Jess called right when I was really feeling sad and was able to talk me off the ledge with a funny cat story! My mom and dad kept Laney and she had a great time- I don't really think she even missed us at all! A big thanks to them for keeping not only our daughter but our two dogs!!






We stayed at the MGM Grand. It was nice but it was kinda far away from everything so we spent a lot of time on the bus. The picture above was the view from our room. The weather was wonderful, it was about 70 degrees everyday which was a nice change from the 40 degree weather we'd been enjoying in Hermiston.



Here are the lions that they kept in the MGM- I am always amazed at how BIG the hotels are in Vegas- 5,000 rooms and they still have room for a lion habitat. I did discover that my sense of direction (or lack thereof) is a tragedy in Vegas. I spent the entire time lost. The one time Ryan and I separated it took us an hour to find each other again because I got so turned around!

While we were down there we saw two shows, Ka and Carrot Top. They were both amazing! This was the second time I've seen Carrot Top and he's hysterical! And Ka is a Cirque show and I have to admit I was a little skeptical but both Ryan and I loved it! If you're ever in Vegas I would highly recommend both of these.

And here is a picture of my winning combo at a slot machine. We were just playing while we watched the end of the coug game and all of a sudden my machine started to go crazy- and I turned up a winner- who knew?!

7 comments:

Aleighy said...

Looks like you had a great time. I am jealous you got to go and escape the weather...what I wouldn't give to see green grass (or any grass at all would be great)! Aaron and I are going to Vegas next month. Can't wait! Hey, how much did you win?

Jessica said...

I was wondering if we were going to get to see any vegas pictures. Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

AMY, the slots are the sucked bets sis! You should know this, and I don't know how you are so damn lucky!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous, looks like you guys had fun. So how much did you win at the slots? Hopefully more than you put in :)
Chad

The Wieselers said...

I won $423. not too bad if I do say so myself

The Price Family said...

Way to go Amy, I can't believe you won. I'm longing for the day I can leave my kids behind and spend time with Derek. Hey maybe someday we all could go without kids :)

The Price Family said...

Way to go Amy, I can't believe you won. I'm longing for the day I can leave my kids behind and spend time with Derek. Hey maybe someday we all could go without kids :)