Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grateful- Day 3

Today I am grateful for Christmas ornaments (it's the small things in life...). Every year of my life my God parents have given me a Christmas ornament (they gave them to my brothers too, but this is about me okay!). My mom marked it with the date and the year and we got to hang them up on the tree each year. When I got married I took all my ornaments with me and had a nice collection to decorate our first tree. Each time I look at one of those ornaments it make me smile- and think of my Godparents (very special people!). It is a tradition that I love-so now I give my niece and nephew a Christmas ornament (not to fear- they get something else too-something less breakable) with their name and the year written on it. Maybe someday they'll be decorating their tree with their family and think of us...

FYI- Fran, these are this year's ornaments- sorry to ruin the suprise! :)

2 comments:

The McGary's said...

cute ornaments! We got those ornaments from Chad's mom last year, Chad's was a police officer, mine a nurse, Kyla's a purse and Hunter a baby with a bottle. I thought the ornament thing was a good idea and so we started it with our kids. I kind of enjoy trying to find an ornament that fits there personality or likings at that time in their life. Kyla's happens to be an ice cream cone this year and I haven't found the perfect one for Hunter yet:)

The Waters Clan said...

Krae will love his because he thinks he is a star now, he actually scored a basket last weekend--that was suoer exciting for him. Gracee's is cute, I think it is the same one Jess got for Emers.

I think your grateful day 5 should be the returning of your crock pot (at least I hope u got it)