Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A few conversations with the Laney Bug

(talking about Halloween)

Mom: what are you going to say when we get to a house to get candy?

Laney: Mom, I’m going to tell them to share.

------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago she told me to “shut up and calm down”. ( I let her survive since both Ryan and I tell the dogs to shut up- but, trust me I had to count to 10 a few times). Since then she will randomly tell me “Mom, we don’t say shut up right?!)  So….

yesterday in the grocery store, I told her that if she couldn’t sit nicely I’d buckle her in. Her response?

“Mom,.you just need to calm down and not say shut up.

Hmm, not sure she grasped the lesson in this one.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And a variation of pretty every conversation we have;

Laney: Where’s the sun

Mom: taking a nap

Laney: why?

Mom: it’s tired

Laney: Why?

Mom: it had to work hard to light the world today

Laney: Why?

Mom: ummm… cause I said so Laney.