Monday, August 9, 2010

Kids Hooded Towel

Before Delaney was born someone (Mrs. Peterson) gave me some hooded bath towels. They were big and fluffy and are still my favorites. So I sat down to make some for Colton but couldn't find instructions I liked so here's what I did. They make SUPER simple shower presents and aren't expensive at all. They took about 10 minutes to make from beginning to end and will last forever. There are some good tutorials online for fancy ones but I just wanted plain jane towels- no ribbon or pleats- so here you go!

For two towels you'll need two bath towels and one hand towel. I would pick nicer ones- nothing from the dollar store so they'll hold up over time.



First, cut the hand towel in half- like this (only try to make yours straight)



Then find the center of the bath towel and mark it with a pin, do the same for the half of the hand towel. Align the centers and sew RST.



It should look like this:


then fold the top part (the hand towel) in half to make the hood. Sew along the top ( I sewed a straight line then a zig zag on top of that to prevent fraying along the unfinished side)


Then put it on your cute baby! See- simple!







No comments: