Sunday, August 15, 2010

Banana Bread Recipe

Ok- it's no secret that my cooking isn't great... but this is one recipe that everyone seems to love. It is NOT good for you, but it is good. I got it from my mom but I think it is originally from Christy Hilmes- not sure though.

Here it is:

6 mashed bananas
3 tsp backing soda
* mix together and set aside

4 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp salt

Add sugar mixture to the banana mixture
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

(okay- here's the real trick.... I spray the pan with pam then sugar it (like you'd flour a pan) and add some cinnamon. I also top it with cinnamon and sugar (c'mon after 4 cups of sugar- what's a little more) the cinnamon and sugar make a REALLLY GOOD crust. Try it- it's my favorite recipe EVER!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was totally gonna call you and ask for this TWICE since delaneys party....but then changed my mind because i didnt wanna bug you. thanks for sharing. now if i only had some bananas and a personal chef I would whip some up:)