Friday, August 13, 2010

Delaney's 3rd Birthday party

Laney's 3 !!! I can't believe it- she's such a big girl, when did that happen?! Last Saturday we had her birthday party- and I've never seen her so excited for anything. We talked about her birthday party everyday for at least a month- every night before she went to sleep she'd ask me, " Mom, how many days till my birthday party?"

All of her excitement rubbed off on the rest of us and I think this has been my favorite holiday with her so far. She wanted to help with everything- sending out the invitations, picking out her decorations (Mickey Mouse) her cake, her "party dress". It was so much fun- I'm a little sad its over! So here are some pictures of her big day...



Helping mom bake cupcakes for the party- you can see that neither kid was doing a whole lot of helping!


The night before her birthday I stayed up late and decorated the house so that it would be there for her when she woke up- and I have to tell you I think that was my favorite moment of the day- seeing her wake up and going around the house with her at 5:30 am to "look at all of her stuff".



We rented a bounce house (they said it was the small one- turns out- not really that small) The kids LOVED it- and were pretty much in motion all day. Although toward the end of the day it got unplugged and started to deflate a little which terrified Delaney- so she did go in it much after that.










Opening present- she made out like a bandit! Lots of princesses and girly toys. We've averaged 15 tea parties a day since the party!




Her Mickey Mouse cake!




What would a party be without your best friend (moo moo) and a party horn?



Her babysitter, Olivia, stopped by with a little "angus" puppy that barks and rolls over- it has not left Delaney's side since- she even puts it to be with her!



A view of all the fun from above



And, of course, Todd and Ryan couldn't let the kids have all the fun so they ended up in the bounce house!
It was SO much fun this year- thanks to everyone to took the time to come help our little girl celebrate. Happy Birthday Laney!

2 comments:

The McGary's said...

What an awesome birthday! That is such a fun age for holidays and birthdays.

The Schafer's said...

Very Cute Party! I wish we were able to make it! :) Only a day left!