Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sick

Well it was bound to happen, Delaney got her first cold. She and I both woke up this morning feeling terrible! I breaks my heart to see her so miserable, she won't play- she just starts to whimper and crawls back in my lap and puts her head down. Thank goodness we're still at my parents house so I have lots of help, my mom went and talked to every pharmacist in the Tri-cities trying to figure out what cold medicine was safe to give her. So far today her fever hasn't gotten too high and she is still taking fluids and is sleeping a lot. So if any of you vetran parents out there have any miracle suggestions to help make her more comfortable I'd love to hear em!

3 comments:

The Price Family said...

I'm no pro expecially when they are infants but I have found that Mortin helps my kids better than Tylenol! Get well Soon.

Anonymous said...

We always used Pediasure (I think that is what it is called) for colds...there are lots of different types depending on symptoms, but the weight/dosage information is on the back. My mom is an RN and she says if they are less than the weight on the box, half it.

Good luck, and feel better! Glad you are close to home so Beth can take care of you both!

Carly Andelin said...

Wow, I just have to say that I am impressed that she is what, almost 9 months old? and this is her first cold? Wow. Way to stay healthy. Noah hit it hard with RSV at one month. Kimi has had her fair share too. She got strep at 8 months old, and she also got herpangina (ever heard of that? sounds like an std if you ask me). When she gets sick her fever goes up pretty high (one time it got to 105). For her fevers we use Children's Motrin--it's worked the best for us. And honestly, I also like the grape triaminic because she loves the taste and will eat the entire dose for a decongestant. Besides medicine, I know you've heard it, I try really hard to make sure they get their sleep. Good luck, and get well soon hopefully. No fun when you are both sick at the same time.