Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mental Health Day

You know those days when you feel like your head might explode? (ok, maybe it's just me) Anyway after the last few days, and sleepless nights I NEEDED to get out of the house for awhile, no matter how bad I felt. Thankfully, my wonderful mom said she would watch The Laney Bug and I ran out of the house as fast as I could ( Hey- I love my kid, but sometimes I need to get away). Jess agreed to keep me company and we had the best day! We went to Red Robin for lunch, then to Barnes and Noble (like two good formerly employed English teachers might) and finally to get a pedicure. It was WONDERFUL and relaxing. It was such a treat to have some girl time, without my little tag along. I came home to find my mom and Delaney snuggled up taking a nap in the chair and I was ready to be a patient, happy mommy again. (Isn't she cute?)


Acknowledgements:

My Mom- THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! All of your loving help is appreciated more than you know!

Jessica- Thank you for being willing to entertain me on short notice- I have the best friends!

Fran- For teaching Laney how to drink from a cup, it has been such a help in keeping fluids in Laney the past few days (but she still cries when I put a cheerio in her mouth)


On an unrelated note: this is Delaney's new trick, she crawls to something that she and use to help her stand up... I'm worried that walking's not far behind!

2 comments:

GSGC StrongFamily said...

Happy to hear that you are both feeling better. Being a sick mommy is just awful! We all love our kids, but it is SOOOOOOOO nice to have some time without them occasionally! Glad to hear you had such a great day.

Jessica said...

I am glad you guys are feeling better. I love going out with my girls. What else fun is there for me to do these days?? It is getting boring sitting in the nursery and trying to convince Emersyn that it is just as fun in her new room as it is in her OLD room. She seriously never wants to come out.