Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movies

I love my daughter, but there are some things I miss since she was born (sleep, a stomach without stretch marks,sleep, perky boobs, sleep.... you get the idea) but I really miss going to the movies. I LOVE movie theatres, the big chairs, the big screen, the sticky floors, the $25 Milk Duds. I don't even need to like the movie we're seeing, I just enjoy the experience. But I haven't been to the theatre since Delaney was born, or a little before because there was a point where I wasn't sure I'd fit into the seats (actually I think the last movie I saw in the theatre was Blades of Glory with Derek and Jodi when they still lived in WA- have I mentioned that we miss you guys?!). I've been trying all week to get to see The Other Boylen Girl ( great book- read it if you like historical fiction) but I can't seem to get a time when my mom can babysit that anyone can go with me (yes this is the point in the conversation where you offer me sympathy and say " if I was there I'd go to a movie with you...). Oh well, maybe there are some $25 Milk Duds in my future when I come home again in April.... Girls- keep your schedules open!


***UPDATE***
Yesterday, Jess, Fran, Bobbie and I went to see the Other Boylen Girl. I got my Milk Duds but the movie was TERRIBLE! The book was A LOT better, but the movie's not even worth renting in my opinion. On the plus side, I got to spend the afternoon with the girls and had a great time.

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

Oh, How I would really love to go see a good movie. I think we are on the same page, except I have to say Derek and I have snuck in another movie Fools Gold, but only one. Isn't that sad!

The McGary's said...

all too familiar. ALthough you are doing way better than me I am going on 3 1/2 years since i have been to the movies. Chad has been to a few since then. I think I have forgotten what it is like in the theater. Good luck on getting to a good movie!!