Saturday, February 2, 2008

Musings of a stay at home mom....


Yesterday as I was cleaning up after one of my dogs yet again (this time they decieded to help themselves to my pantry) I realized that it was almost time for Oprah and I haven't even made it out of my pajamas for the day. ( And for those of you who are wondering I do now use TV shows to tell the time... The Today Show ends and its time for Laney's nap; Wolf Blitzer comes on CNN and it's time for lunch- you get the idea). Last year at this time I would have been busy teaching some in-depth critical analysis of a piece of literature, and now I was cursing my dogs for eating Saltines in my pajamas wondering if I should brush my hair before my husband comes home. Ah how things change, interesting that last year I had 167 kids who basically did what I told them to do and now I have one kid and two dogs who don't even sit on command. Guess I'm not in charge anymore! Of course I love my daughter, but there are still some days that I wish I could still give out detention to people who don't listen when I talk!

2 comments:

Aleighy said...

You are hilarious! It only gets worse...sorry to say.

Deborah Austin said...

So true!! Wait till you have four and none of them listen to you and then try taking them somewhere:)

Life is an adventure worth smiling on:)