Monday, February 25, 2008

Random Pictures and Random thoughts...


Well, I had a couple of pictures to post, but nothing really interesting to say, so I thought I might just post some random thoughts to go with the random pictures, let you have a rare glimpse into my rarely functioning mind...

*Why does my kid only like dog toys? I could have 20 of her toys on the floor and somehow ( using her super- human germ finding abilites) she will find the one disgusting dog toy and have it in her mouth before I can even get there. I find it a little upsetting, to say the least ( so do the dogs!).



* NEWSBREAK* Delaney has finally decided that she can nap in her crib as opposed to in my arms, which means that I got to read a book. A real book... not just a magazine! I'm reading Pillars of the Earth, very long book, I'll let you know how it is later- maybe next year at this rate. While we're talking about books,I think everyone needs to read Peace Like a River by Leif Enger, SERIOUSLY READ IT- you'll love it- promise.

*I made the hat Laney's wearing in the pictures- isn't it cute? And her uncle Drew bought her the WSU gear- GO COUGS!


* I love Jon and Kate plus 8. The other day they were on Oprah, in my world this is the equivalent of a solar eclispe. She's (Kate- not sure about Oprah) more of a germaphobe than I am, which makes me feel normal! Speaking of TV- I hate Sandra Lee ( on the food network) Seriously her clothes match her curtains and she always has themed "table scapes" I mean SERIOUSLY, gag me! Give me some Paula Dean anyday.

*I hate doing sit-ups, REALLY hate it. Why does no one tell you that even when the "baby weight" is gone your waist will never be quite the same? (if you're one of the people who now have a perfectly flat stomach after 4 children- don't leave a comment telling me to do more sit-ups. I might start sending you hate mail) On that note, I should also mention that everyone should try Ben and Jerrys Vanilla Heath bar crunch ice cream... VERY yummy.
* Bobbie- I think you need a blog. You could post recipes, so I would have something besides spagetti to cook. You could even video yourself cooking cause I tend to be a visual learner... better yet- just come here and cook for us.

4 comments:

The Waters Clan said...

love the picture of Angus and Delaney. See she does not need any brothrs or sisters she has dogs to keep her entertained. I swear some of these pictures make her hair look red. See ya in March

Carly Andelin said...

Don't worry Amy, I hate all the stomach exercises you have to do after a baby too. I'm in the middle of working on that right now. Why can't I be like those skinny people that are in their normal clothes 2 months after the baby was born? I truly hate those kind of people. Your stomach and your boobs will never be the same.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Amy I promise I will try and work on a blog this weekend, but I’m telling you it will be very boring. I can only give you a handful of recipes that don’t entail touching raw meat of any kind, and then what would I post for you? I sure hope you are in that kitchen and using that apron, which somebody slaved over for days ;) I would love to come over there and cook for you guys; it sure beats re-heating manicotti for Boe when he decides to come out of the fields for the night. This reminds me, ask Ryan what he would like me to cook for him. When you guys come home I will have you over for dinner; whatever you guys want, I’ll cook it. Even a cheesecake for dessert, just for you. Oh heck we can have a party and invite Jess & Todd and Fran & Jake. I’ll cook dinner for everyone, the more the merrier. Love The Anonymous Blogger :) aka Bobbie

Jessica said...

Yeah. It looks like you have a future cheerleader. I will be so proud. I will teach her stunts and cheers. No atheletes for us!! no way.. jess