Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Read in Case of a Bad Parenting Moment…

This ought to make you feel a little better about you.

The kids and I were headed home after a quick stop at McDonalds last weekend and Ryan was following us in his truck. Delaney started to throw a fit because she wanted to ride with her dad, and the following altercation occurred.

Me: “Delaney,that’s enough. You can see him when we get home.”

Delaney: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.”

my beautiful, smart, wonderful daughter begins to kick the seat (my seat) in front of her repeatedly.

Me : (showing what I think is admirable restraint) “Delaney Renae Wieseler, if you continue this behavior I will pull this car over and spank your hiney.”

the car is quiet, and just as I am about to pat myself on the back for a parenting job well done, A CHICKEN NUGGET went wizzing by my head and exploded on my dash.

That’s right, the above mentioned beautiful daughter, who will only wear dresses, chucked a chicken nugget at ME!

My first thought: Oh no, she didn’t just throw fake chicken at me!

My second thought: I wonder how many people will call CPS after witnessing this….

In case one (or several) did call, I’ll tell the rest using only sound effects.

Screech (car pulling over)

Car door slamming,

Screech (husbands truck pulling over)

zzzzt (husbands window rolling down)

I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry (daughter talking to enraged mom)

**** The SPANK heard round the world****

Car door slamming (heard over child crying, you’re a mean mommy)

zzzzt (Husbands window rolling back up)

Final car door slamming.

You’ll be glad to know that we all made it home in one piece, and I indulged in a early glass of wine.

5 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

I love that your husband gave no response, whenever I discipline the kids my husband gets outta the way so he doesnt get the wrath too! funny post!

The Gill Family said...

Hahaha loved this one.

The Gill Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Ok I know I shouldn't have...but I seriously laughed out loud...not that she got a spanking...but because of the flying nugget :)

The Price Family said...

Amy, serioulsy you had me laughing so hard. We had a recent thing with Parker on our way home from the Merchantile. Except my husband took off before us and I was left with Parker yelling...I want to go with daddy!! the entire way. I'm pretty sure if he had something in his hands he would have thrown it at me.