Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Years Report Card

Remember THIS POST ? Last year I post my goals for the year and it looks like it’s time to take a look back and give myself a report card…. (this one’s all about me so if you were hoping for pictures of the kiddos go up a post!)

Goal #1: Make healthier choices. We went in fits and spurts on this one. Lunch was my big downfall, I kept going back to the mac and cheese and canned soups. Not too impressed with myself on this one, so I’m putting it back on the list.

Grade- D  Sad smile

Goal #2: Run a 5k. I not only ran one 5k in March but another one in June! I really had fun with this and am planning to run another one this March.

DSCN1647

Grade- A+

Goal #3: Do things, not THINK about doing things. I think I’ll give myself a passing grade on this one. I tried very hard to do fun and different things that I might have shied away from in the past. I met my lovely neighbor and now when I have extra treats I run them over to her. I recently got colored extensions put in my hair, just for fun.

hair

I ran in a 5k even though I’m not fast, wore skinny jeans and boots even though I’m not skinny and tried to make new friends (that one was tough). I FINALLY admitted to myself that my anxiety was not “normal” or “healthy” and saw my Dr and dealt (am dealing) with it. I have to say I’m proud that I did all this, and it has made for a MUCH happier year for not only myself but my family. I’m keeping this one on the list this year because I need to do more, but it was at least a start!

Grade: B+

No comments: