Monday, August 1, 2011

A sewing post.

Here are a few completed sewing projects

005

First, my favorite- Colton “modeling” a dress I was trying to make for me niece Chloe. You can see he’s really happy to help with my sewing endeavors. I also made Delaney and Gracee these dresses for fair time so I hope I can grab a picture of all of them together in their little dresses.

010

Next, are some swim robes I made the kids using THIS pattern. I made a ton of mistakes- and ended up with terry cloth ALL over my basement but the kids love them and I think they’ll be very handy at the lake so it was worth it.

And here are the two quilts I’ve finished recently. The pictures are terrible- I definitely need a better way of photographing my finished quilts!

007

(Excuse the streaker in this picture) Smile This was my first buggy barn quilt. It was very time consuming but I LOVE the finished product, it went to live at Jessica’s house, but she promised me I could have visitation rights!

004

And this was a t-shirt quilt I made Ryan for fathers day. I kinda made up the pattern as I went but I’m happy with the results overall. He likes it, but was a little traumatized that I cut up all his old shirts!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the robes. I really needed to make one, but then I just bought Em a robe at the thrift store....seemed easier:) Cute dresses too....someday Colton will have to pay yo back for that!!!

The McGary's said...

Way to go! I love them all, especially the t-shirt quilte. I have tried to get rid of some of Chad's dingy high school t-shirts and he just won't let me. That is a good way to keep them alive without having to wear them. Too bad I can't sew, so he will continue to wear them :(

Kiley said...

You're sewing skills are amazing! And the picture of Colton is priceless!