Sunday, November 7, 2010

More crazy thing Laney says…

Just today….

(Ryan went crabbing with Grandpa Rill on the Oregon Coast and brought home a few sea animals for her- This is the first thing out of her mouth.)

“ Mommy, did you know what this is? (holding up a killer whale) its and Orca mommy- did you know that?”

umm, not really- where did she pick that one  up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Delaney throws A LOT of temper tantrum- so when she starts up with one I take her to her room. This happens several times a day, and there have been a few days where she’s spent more time in her room than out of it. Today- I was taking her to her room and in the middle of a full- on fit she said

“Oh no, NOT AGAIN!”  “I Yi Yiy” (is that how you spell that?)

I almost died laughing- after I shut the door of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, tonight I went upstairs to make sure she was asleep and I saw her light was on. I went in there fully prepared to take away a toy as punishment, only to find her sitting sweetly on her bed surrounded by her books.

“Mommy- I just needed the light so I could read my books.”

What was a book- loving mommy to do? I just shut the door and walked away. Can’t punish a girl for reading!

No comments: