Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How to spend an hour at Walmart...

( 9 a.m.- 3:13 p.m.: dread going to Walmart, spend time fantasizing that Target will magically appear on main street)

3:15 pm : Arrive at Walmart- drive around looking for a parking space without a cart in it.

3:18 pm: Give up, pull in as far as I can- get out, move cart (seriously people? take the cart back!) get back in and park.

3:20: Walk into Walmart and break out in hives.

3:20- 3:22: do a complete wipedown of the cart with handi-wipes. Still feels dirty...

3:22- 3: 40: Carefully navigate the aisles and construction (they're remodeling- apparently the Hermiston Walmart wasn't a complete cluster F@#$ so they're finishing the job) successfully find the potting soil, child safety locks and allergy medicine on my list (and a Dvd, not on the list)

3:40- looking for bread...

3:41- looking for bread...

3:48- still looking for bread...

3:51- Where the HELL is the bread???

3:52- The Wieseler family begins the low carb diet.

3:53- find the shortest line and begin start the timer on my cell phone (ryan thinks I exaggerate how miserable Walmart is (who me??) so I have started timing how long I stand in line so I can prove to him over dinner (wish you could be there for that conversation don't you?) that I actually aged a year standing in line)

3:55- "no Delaney, you can't eat that candy"

4:01- seriously considering buying the persons crap just to hurry this line up (There should be a seperate line for people who don't know how to use the key pad at the register)

4:15- Score- only three more people to go.

4:18- SERIOUSLY???

4:19- ARRRGGGG!!!!!!

4:21- headed to the parking lot.

4:25- The Walmart cart fairy has left me another cart behind my car- so I get to return them both.

4:28- Thinking about opening a bottle of wine and/or calling Targets headquarters and begging them to come to Hermiston.

3 comments:

The Price Family said...

I hate walmart also but for some reason I find myself there every other week. I can imagine that Rexburg walmart might be similar to Hermiston. I HATE that place.
Oh did I mention its not even a Super walmart. GrRR

Jessica said...

I hate all of that crap too, but I LOVE getting a good deal. So I tend to overlook the other stuff. Then I bitch all the way home and swear I will never go back. But then I go back. Usually within days, sometimes within hours:)

marciekoch said...

that's hilarious...isn't worth it to go to the Pasco Wal-Mart? It's so nice & purdy...for a Wal-Mart! I actually don't mind it. Now, the Othello Wal-Mart is a whole 'nother story.
BTW - Jess & Amy - I've got another table "runner"/"square" pattern for you to do. Dainty by Camille. It's fun and easy. I'll send it your way. :)