Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Few Things I've Learned this week...

So most of you know I had my gallbladder removed Monday and have been recovering this week- here are some of my observations.

* "day surgery" is a misleading term. It does not mean that you will feel better in a day. It just means you won't bleed to death on your couch at home.

* Pillows can aide in the walking process. I'm just barely walking without a pillow clutched to my tummy (I still have that thing attached whenever Laney's around- her feet are unpredictable)

* Vicodin + Ebay= random fabric showing up at my house. (hmm... wonder when that happened- but it seems I have good taste while high)

* My stomach can get uglier. ( Bikinis are now SERIOUSLY out of the question)

* A nice nurse is a must- mine was great!

* If you suffer from seasonal allergies that make your eye bloodshot- EVERY person in the operating room will ask if you have been smoking. ("no I'm waiting to get high on the good stuff- get to it people!)

* HGTV- all day? Not as bad as one might think.

* My low fat diet includes ice cream from the schwan's man.

* Being close to friends and family is a blessing- this wouldn't have been possible when we lived in Seattle.

* Just because you can walk to the bathroom without help does not mean you can walk a block without help. ( I seriously almost died- TERRIBLE idea)

* I have some really wonderful friends and family- so here's a few shout outs- My mom and dad kept Delaney for four days- and loved her to death. Words can't express how grateful I am to have parents who are willing to love my child in my absence- what a relief to have not a moment of worry about her. (She did come back a little spoiled). Fran and Jake who are watching Laney today- LOVE YOU GUYS! How lucky we are to have you guys to rely on- please let us return the favor soon! Jess- who's called and texted me- and for coming down monday to help- since I still can't lift over 10 lbs. Seriously? How lucky am I? I was feeling guilty for inconveniencing everyone I know and my dad said that this is just what families do. But I think its what amazing families do- I am grateful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Amy. didnt see my name once.

marciekoch said...

Amy, I'm glad your recovery is progressing and that you found some fun fabric in the meantime! I forgot my ebay password, so I guess that's a good thing. I don't need to be high on narcotics to buy random shit. :) You and my Mom should trade stories about those pillows attached to your stomachs. We're going on 6 weeks and she's still got hers by her side 24/7! Looking forward to seeing you soon...maybe to put June's calendar together. I hated doing May by myself!!

The Wieselers said...

btw- anonymous is my husband who's feeling left out. Thanks to you too Ryan!

The Price Family said...

We got a kick out of Ryans comment. I think the husband should just know we appriciate them right? We hope you are feeling well. If we lived closer I would do what "mormons" do, bring you a few meals to make recovery better :)

Deborah Austin said...

Wow doesn't sound like much fun at all Glad you do have so much famiy around to help that is awesome. I hope you are feeling better!!!