Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy Weekend

Since this weekend marked the opening of deer season, we spent the weekend out at my parents farm so Ryan, my dad and my brother could hunt. The Laney Bug and I kept my mom company while the mighty hunters went out in search of food. Ryan and my dad both got bucks but Andrew is still searching...

Meanwhile, the girls picked pumpkins (grown by Grandpa Schafer)


Laney helping pick pumpkins and riding in her red wagon
Here's our craft project, my mom saw this in a magazine and got all the stuff to plant, we just carved the pumpkins out, drilled some holes in the bottom and planted some cold weather plants, I think they turned out really cute... who knew?!
My pumpkin- hopefully I can keep the plants alive for awhile!



After hunting Grandpa took Laney for a 4 wheeler ride and let her walk around the farm and get into trouble together- look how cute they are!!

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

I love that pumpkin idea.

The McGary's said...

What a cute idea, and your pumpkin turned out so cute. I have had many turns in putting wipes back where they belong, it must be a fun pass time:)