Friday, July 25, 2008

Sick

As you can see from the picture The Laney Bugs been sick this week. For the last three days shes been running a fever of between 102 and 103. Last night her fever FINALLY broke but then she got a terrible stuffy nose and cough. The poor baby is miserable- she can hardly breathe and suck on her Binky- and she can't nurse at all. I feel terrible for her! She has been spending her days sleeping in the recliner with either her daddy or I. I am the worrier in the family so I have spent my days in a near panic, taking her temp every 5 minutes and virtually stalking my pediatrician by phone. I'm hoping that tomorrow she'll feel a little better- I hate it when she's sick (I'm sure she's not a big fan either)!
Here she is in a rare smiling moment. I heard somewhere that putting Vicks on their feet and then covering them with socks helped a cough ( hey- I know it sounds crazy- but it might work and I'm desperate!!) so I covered her in Vicks and found a pair of socks- I didn't realize how goofy she looked until later... oh well... she didn't seem to mind.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What good is having a doctor in the house if he can't make it better:) Sorry Laney is sick. Summer colds are always more miserable than winter ones too for some reason. I am glad you were laughing about my ODE TO DOCTOR WIESELER:) I was pretty proud of it myself. Let me know if you need anything. I can make a wal mart run for you if you need. Just let me know. I actually know how to get to hermiston now:) get better soon.

Carly Andelin said...

It is the season for sickness! Of course my kids were sick with the stomach flu, not what Laney has had. I HATE it when kids are sick! Good luck!