Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Not my day…

Yesterday was one of those awful days. Like, go down in history, bad days!

It started out with a trip to the pediatrician, which was originally intended for a 2 month well-baby for Brenna. It turned into; “hey, while we’re here… all my kids have some version of the plague doc, how about we check them out too.”

This weekend sometime Delaney had developed sores all around her mouth, which I first thought were an allergic reaction of some sort but turned out to be impetigo (a super contagious skin infection). Thanks to my trusty friend Google (note to self- NEVER Google image skin infections, my eyes are still burning) we started her on an antibiotic crème Sunday, but when the doctor confirmed that it was indeed impetigo she also had to start oral antibiotics and can’t go ANYWHERE until the sores are all healed . Fun times! I also got to bleach the entire house and am still trying to work my way through all the laundry trying to prevent the rest of us from getting it.

While we were there (I’m sure doctors love people like me), I also had my doctor look at Colton’s toe. Earlier that day he had complained that his toe hurt and when I looked at it I realized that he had a REALLY BAD ingrown toenail (seriously bad, his toe was purple and a few stages away from gangrene, I swear!). Not that big of a deal… so I thought! Turns out it’s a really bad infection, so he got a round of antibiotics too! (handing them out like candy at this point). AND… if it’s not better by tomorrow we have to go back and discuss having it surgically removed! Who does that for a toe nail?!

Finally, it was Baby Brenna’s turn. Luckily she’s healthy, but small. So, I get to start taking her in every month for weight checks. She ALSO appears to have colic. Fun times! My doctor said there’s not much we can do but wait it out, though he did recommend that I cut chocolate and caffeine out of my diet for awhile…..

HOLD UP… chocolate AND caffeine?!?! My kids are cute and all but c’mon not chocolate and caffeine? What’s left to live for?? (Oh yeah, wine…. there’s still wine)

After that apocalyptic doctors appointment, I decided that I needed some coffee (no caffeine be damned at this point). Because I’m nice, I ordered some for the girls at Ryan’s office thinking that I’d deliver it while I waited for the prescriptions to go though…. after loading my car with 10 drinks, a sleeping baby and two whiney kids… I go to turn the car on and here that horrible click, click. YUP, dead battery. Perfect- all this before noon!

 

(my friend Kate sent this picture to me to cheer me up after such miserable day- and it described my feelings exactly!

 

Thank goodness Dutch Brothers is across from Les Schwab and a nice guy brought the jump box over and started my car! Phew!

After a 30 minute wait at the pharmacy, with a now screaming baby and two whiney kids (and one stupid old man who cut in front of me in line) we made it home…5 hours later!

I’ve never been so happy to see naptime in my entire life!

No comments: