Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2 Months

This little lady is already 2 months old! It seems like times moves faster with each baby, I can’t quite believe that she’s already this old!

DSC04093

We went to her 2 month check up yesterday, and the poor little thing had to have 5 shots!

She is still tiny. She only weighted 8 lbs 12 oz and was 23 inches long. She is still mostly in newborn clothes, and still keeping a newborn schedule, eating every 2-3 hours. Because she’s still so small the doctor wants me to start bringing her in for monthly weight checks (outside of the regular well-baby exam) to make sure she’s still gaining weight. She’s definitely petite, the other two chunked up quick!

DSC04096

She also seems to have a little colic, poor baby! She is very fussy, especially in the evenings, when all she wants is her momma to rock and hold her (I don’t mind too much, but my family’s tired of dinner from the crockpot every night!).  Truth be told, all the crying can be really frustrating, but I’ve really enjoyed all the extra snuggles too! I love having another little one to nap with on the couch and rock! :)

DSC04097

Besides, there’s a lot of these moments too! Love that gummy smile!

DSC04092

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I hesitate to write this - when it comes to babies sometimes you get more suggestions than you want or care to hear - so take this with a grain of salt I guess. Riggin was really fussy and didn't gain much weight his first month and was jaundice. In the evenings I would nurse him almost constantly for 2 or 3 hours. Turns out he couldn't digest the milk proteins that I was eating. So I either needed to go on a milk product and soy free diet or he had to have a special formula with partially broken down milk proteins (maybe you already read this on my blog when he was a baby). Even though I was sad not to nurse, we opted for the formula and it was amazing how quick he gained weight and how much happier he was. The poor kid had been starving.

So anyhow, I hope I don't worry or upset you. Brenna's symptoms just sound familiar. Best of luck. I hope she gets to feeling better and gaining weight soon. Kiley

The Wieselers said...

That does help! Thanks- If she's still small next month I think we'll give that a try! Thanks!!!