Sunday, March 18, 2012

Appendix??? What Appendix?

Monday night Ryan woke me up to tell me that he had appendicitis. I thought this meant we were off to the ER (since that is what normal people do) but he informed me that he had a big day at work so he was going to try to “sleep it off”.

Of course, that didn’t work! He was still feeling sick Tuesday morning, and after threatening him with his life I finally convinced him to go to the doctor at lunch. Three hours, and several rounds of IV antibiotics later, he was short an appendix!

It was complete chaos over here the entire day! Luckily, my wonderful friend Dante, saved me and came over to watch the kids for awhile so I could see Ryan before surgery and drop some things off. Then my AMAZING mom, jumped in her car and left work to come spend the night with the kids so I could be there with Ryan. We even managed to squeeze in Delaney’s spring concert while he was in surgery and make it back in time for recovery! PHEW!

This is Ryan, post surgery, loaded up with pain killers!

Photo2

He got to come home Wednesday, and since he is made of steel, we even managed to still to make our trip to California Thursday!

I was humbled by the number of people who called to help, watch our kids, brought us dinner and treats and checked in to make sure we didn’t need anything! All for a silly little appendix- good friends and family are such a blessing!

No comments: