Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wishing You a Merry Christmas

g1

Dear Friends and Family,

Merry Christmas! As naptime gets shorter and shorter so does my annual letter, so here is our highlight reel from the last year-

· Delaney, who turned 4 in August, started pre-school in September. Despite much worrying on my part, she loves it! It is a joy to watch her enjoy learning and make new friends. She loves to play with her toys (Bitty Baby and My Little Pony are the clear favorites), and more than once we’ve discovered her playing in her room long after bedtime. She is my little helper in the kitchen, and thus far everyone has escaped burns and bodily harm. Not one cell in her little body is mellow; she does everything from throwing tantrums to singing jingle bells with her whole heart. There sure is a lot of personality packed into that little girlie!

· Colton has spent this last year changing from a chubby little baby into a toddler in perpetual motion. He will be two in February but I think the terrible two’s have hit a little early! He loves to throw things (sometimes a ball, sometimes his entire dinner plate) eat Cheetos and “help” his dad fix things. He has started talking, and has more than a passing resemblance to Lynus, carrying his beloved blanket everywhere.

· We have managed to get away a few times this year, going to Vegas in March (without the kids!), Priest Lake in August, and California in November. The kids enjoyed their first plane ride to visit my brother and his fiancĂ©e Jessica in Sonoma but it almost killed us. Next time I think it will be the adults who get a dose of Benedryl!

· Ryan continues to stay busy at work, we have had a lot updates and changes this year and just started a remodel on the basement of the practice. I know he’s hoping for a calmer (and less expensive) 2012. I’m still home with the kids, trying to squeeze in a few minutes of reading and sewing when I can. I did run my first 5k this year, and shocked myself by not dying at the end of it!

· Here are this year’s book recommendations-

o The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

o The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

As always, we hope this letter finds you and yours happy, healthy and full of the joy of Christmas. I count my blessings each night as I tuck my little ones into bed, and we are looking forward to another year full of skinned knees, bedtime stories and good night kisses!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,

Ryan, Amy, Delaney and Colton Wieseler

 

g14g2

g4

No comments: