Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great- Grandpa Wieseler

Leonard and Ryan

Ryan’s Grandpa Leonard recently passed away. This picture of he and Ryan cracks me up ! Ryan remembers his grandpa and talks about him picking him up and random times to either get ice cream or pick rocks. He was a hard-working man who came out here from North Dakota very young and built a strong foundation for his family. I still can’t imagine Leonard as a shoe salesman- farming seems like such a better fit! He loved little kids and once while Ryan and Laney were visiting him in the hospital he gave her a stuffed kitten that she still adores (have to say I’m glad he didn’t give her a cigar Smile)

 

He is missed but I am grateful that my kids had the chance to know their Great Grandpa.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Good post Amy...Miss Gramps so much! :( Not trying to be mean...but he came to WA from South Dakota.