Monday, November 23, 2009

What a Difference 10 Years Makes...

10 years ago, I was 17 and running late for school. For reasons I can't fully remember now I was late, stressed, distracted and frustrated (sound like a teenager?). As I was running out the door my dad told me at least 3 times NOT to back into the garbage can because it had been moved. Rolling my eyes I got in my car, slammed it into reverse and, with my dad watching from the front door, SLAMMED RIGHT INTO THE DAMN GARBAGE CAN !!! I mean I bounced that thing off my bumper and sent it flying across the yard- then with my dad shaking his head the entire time I had to pick it up, put it back and drive to school. I felt like a complete idiot, and my family has never forgotten that day.

10 Years Later...

I'm 27 and have to get to the store and back in less than an hour. We have no food in the house, Laney has been sick with some unknown bug for over a week. I'm tired, stressed and distracted (sound like a pregnant mommy?). The night before I had unloaded the car and had left my stroller leaning up against the back window so I would be sure to remember to put it back in the morning. While listening to my kid cry in the house and mentally making a grocery list, I slam the car into reverse, and BACK OVER MY DAMN STROLLER!!!! I got out of the car, looked at the mangled stroller- threw it across the yard (Hope my neighbors weren't watching) and drove to Safeway. (where I called my mommy crying)

10 years later, it felt EXACTLY the same- I'm an IDIOT. It would seem that pregnant women and teenagers have a little bit in common...

P.S. and I FORGOT THE BANANNAS which was the main purpose for my trip to the store!

3 comments:

Brian and Jennifer said...

Oh Amy, you crack me up. You tell it like it is and I love it. I'm so sorry though. That really does stink. It's amazing we survive with all the things we have to remember.

Brian and Jennifer said...

Oh Amy, you crack me up. You tell it like it is and I love it. I'm so sorry though. That really does stink. It's amazing we survive with all the things we have to remember.

The McGary's said...

I shouldn't be laughing at this post but it is pretty funny! Hopefully they can figure out what is going on with Laney, poor little girl!