Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Opinions? Advice?

Ok- so I'm wondering about where to put the new baby when he comes... Our bedroom and Laney's bedroom are upstairs and then we have two bedrooms downstairs that we use as a spare bedroom and toy room. Laney still gets up in the wee hours of the morning and crawls into bed with us and I'm not really comfortable with her wandering around the house in the middle of the night, not to mention...downstairs seems so far away in the off chance that there's a fire, tornado, flood... you know. (pregnancy paranoia? Possibly.) So I'd like Laney and "little peanut" (as Fran calls him) to share a room upstairs. (obviously the baby will be in our room for a few months while he's still nursing at night).

So... I'm wondering if this is a stupid idea (my first one ever, obviously). Any one care to offer words of advice on the subject? Will they just spend the whole night waking each other up and making me crazy and sleep deprived?

Leave a comment... HELP A GIRL OUT!

5 comments:

The Price Family said...

I think putting them together would be a fine idea. That is what I did with Jackson and Trey. I think that Laney will adjust to a baby waking up.

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Hey Amy and Ryan, glad you found my blog! Laney is a cutie as well, and how fun to be expecting a boy!
I don't really have any advice since I only have one child. However, if I were in that situation, I think I would have them share a room.

Anonymous said...

You survived sharing a room with your little brother (or I should say, I survived...even though you may disagree) and your sleeping patterns were near identical to Laney's. Peace of mind is worth a lot!! Mom

Deborah Austin said...

Have them share they will totally get used to it and then love being to share that time together. Funny enough my 4 kids sleep in the same room sometimes we will move Kapri when she plays around but they love sleeping together and Kyle doesn't want to be alone he loves sleeping in the same room as his sisters. I know they won't always like it.

All I can say is try it out and see how it workss and I'm with you i would not want a little toddler downstairs while we are all up.

The McGary's said...

I agree with everything that has been said. I thought it was going to be a nightmare putting our two together after we downsized and they had to share a room but they adjusted really well. Naps are a little different but if your two start out together when that time comes I bet they will be used to it. Good luck.