Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jessica

So- awhile back I was having a tough time (I know- you're thinking when is she not having a tough time?) and Jessica wrote some really wonderful things about me on her blog. It didn't magically make my daughter sleep through the night but it did make me smile. So I thought it was about time to return the favor...

Things I LOVE about Jessica


* She is up for anything- A lot of people say this but very few mean it. Jess will try anything once- she is always game for going out to dinner, hanging out, whatever. I don't think I have ever called to ask her to do something and had her turn me down.
* She is a fantastic Mommy. I love watching her around Emersyn because you can see how much she genuinely enjoys being with Emma. I remember when I went over to her house after Emersyn came home, Emma was in her bassinet sleeping and Jess was all clean, relaxed and happy- Delaney was almost 10 months old and I was jealous that Jess had it all together.
* She is a fantastic mom but she's not afraid to admit when things suck. Being a mom is harder than I ever imagined and it seems like a lot of women put on a little bit of a show- but Jess isn't afraid to admit when things are tough, and that means a lot to me. She also isn't afraid to put in a little baby Einstein- and tell me to too! LOVE HER FOR THAT!
* She loves to read- and she has introduced me to a lot of books that have become my favorites. I love having someone else to talk to about books.
* She has a really great sense of style- she can put clothes and colors together, and always manages to look cute and unique.
* She tells it like it is. If she's mad- you know. If shes happy- you know. There's no guessing- no worrying or second guessing.
* She will tell you if the clothes you're trying on look stupid. If she says it's cute- it is.
* She is crafty- we have recently gotten into sewing and have so much fun going to craft stores and looking at fabric and patterns.
*She values her friends. She always has time to talk, or hang out- she never bails of plans or is too busy. She will listen to even the most mundane description of my child's sleep habits and offer advice. I never feel second place with her- I know that when I need a friends she's there. I've gotten through many days knowing that if things get bad enough I can always drive to Jessica's house.
* She's hysterical- I have so many memories of going through Target pushing Jess in a shopping cart or trying on ugly bras in Shopko. She never fails to make me laugh.
* She talks through movies! And loves to eat breakfast for dinner.
*Okay- there's a million more things I could say but my kid is demanding my attention so let me just conclude by saying that Jessica is just that friend, if you have one you know what I'm talking about. You can call her for any reason (sometime 3 times a day) and always feel like she wants to talk to you. She is kind, forgiving, funny and talented- I'm really glad she decided to stop hating me after high school!


LOVE YOU JESS!

( hope this post magically makes your baby sleep tonight !!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks Chica. It actually made me cry a little bit, but that could be the medication I am on:) We have had some good times, and I know we will have more (although sometimes it seems that there are no good times ahead). Love ya!!