Saturday, January 24, 2009

This and That

Here's a little bit of what we've been up to in the last few days.... I got brave and tried to sew a table runner- it's not done but now I'm to a point where I need my moms help so were on pause for a few days. I think its pretty cute so far.


Yesterday we got a new kitchen table, we have been using one that used to belong to my grandparents that Ryan had refinished but we realized that most of the chairs are split and weren't very safe, so we upgraded. I love it- I didn't think that I'd like a taller table but it is surprisingly comfortable.

And here's the real kicker- the other night I was making grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner,and as you can see I had a few problems (and you thought I was kidding when I said I can't cook). I think Jessica correctly diagnosed my problem when she said "we're just not patient people." See, I turn on the frying pan and put a sandwich on, then when it takes forever I turn up the heat- when the bread doesn't immediately toast, I walk away. Then I forget about it and when I come back- I have ashes and a smokey kitchen. Take this scenario and multiply by three and you'll understand the picture above. I didn't get one right until I hung up on Jess, and stood over the frying pan and watched the bread the entire time.


5 comments:

The McGary's said...

I love that table runner and your new table!! Don't worry I do the same thing with grilled cheese, I leave it and forget it, so you are not the only one.

marciekoch said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the table runner! In fact, I just received the pattern to that very one in the mail today! I love Camille's patterns and her blog. You should check it out if you haven't already. Good work!!

Jessica said...

i think we did good on the fabric. good talking to you today--thanks for the time to vent. some days are so poopy(yuck)!

marciekoch said...

Camille (Thimble Blossoms) has a free table runner pattern: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/01/simple-little-runner.html Enjoy! :)

Deborah Austin said...

I love the table runner!! Wow I didn't know you had a crafty thumb:) that is awesome I did love that quilt you made a while back as well!! Good Job Amy!!! Way to have the boys watch the kids too it is so fun for a break and to get things done.

Your little girl is a cutie!