Sunday, January 18, 2009

A First For Me...

Today I was supposed to go to a movie with a friend but it didn't work out. Disappointed as I was I knew that if I didn't get out of the house that odds were good that someone wasn't coming out of this next week alive. So, without any better options I decided to got see a movie (gulp) alone.

For those of you who know me, you know that I don't really like to do anything alone. I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to social situations- I would usually rather stay at home than risk meeting new people or feeling out of place. But like I said- desperate times call for desperate measures- so I braved the new frontier of the solo movie.

I saw Marley and Me (great book- pretty good movie) and I only felt like a loser until they turned down the lights (although buying a ticket for 1 was a pretty low moment- and I had to pass the time before the previews by texting Jess- details). I would still rather go to a movie with all my friends but this wasn't so bad in a pinch- see how brave I am?

On a side note- for those of you who have seen the movie- there is a scene where Jennifer Aniston is wearing an old flannel shirt and capri sweatpants and screaming at her dog who just woke up her sleeping kid- and I just want to own up to the fact that that's me (give or take 20 lbs and a bad haircut) atleast once a week. gotta love being a stay at home mommy!

2 comments:

The Price Family said...

I'm very excited to be feeling better but better yet we are coming! I can't wait because we haven't been there in a year, its a much needed trip for us all.
It will be great to see you guys. It will also be fun to watch the kids interact.
Derek is beyond Spoiled, it sometimes makes me sick to think about :)

Aleighy said...

I know how you feel...I HATE going to public places alone. I feel like everyone is staring at me and then...claustrophobia! The walls start closing in on me. Weird, I know. Anyways, good job! I'm so proud of you! I wish I was there to go to the movie with you.