Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School!!

Well, it was bound to happen, My little Laney Bug started Kindergarten last week. She was so excited to go to school- she had her backpack and clothes all set and ready to go! She goes to school half day, from 8-10:40 and her teacher in Mrs. Cooke.

DSC04833DSC04836DSC04839

The kids rode their bikes to school, and Colton was devastated to discover that he had to leave his beloved Na-ney at school.

DSC04843

Once we arrived, she found two of her preschool friends and was off. I tried to take some pictures of her in the classroom but she informed me that I was “embarrassing her” and that it was ok if I left. *sniff* She came home loving school and seems to have fallen right into the routine, thought the mornings are a little earlier than we’d like.

 

One week later, it was time for Colton to go to preschool (I know, so much growing up for this mommy to deal with!)

He was also thrilled to go to school! He’s in Cornerstone preschool, the same one Delaney went to and he also gets to have Mrs. Sandy as a teacher.

DSC04859

He, of course, HAD to wear his WSU football uniform to school, and along with his Ninja Turtle backpack and scooter we were off!

DSC04864DSC04868DSC04871

He also settled right in and was ready for me to leave LONG before I was ready to go. I did get a great big running hug when I picked him up, which soothed my little heart! Mrs. Sandy said he had a great day and was a really good listener (much to my surprise)

Cannot quite believe that Ryan and I have two kids in school- when did this happen?!

No comments: