Monday, March 4, 2013

Siblings…

549925_416794261738533_1171094828_n

Lately, these two have done nothing but play together. They are certainly each other’s best friend and when Delaney’s gone to preschool Colton has no idea what to do with himself. They do, however have their moments- this is my favorite so far!

We were driving back from our first “outing” after Brenna arrived, and it had not gone well for Laney Bug (which means it didn’t go well for the rest of us either). We were getting close to home when she started throwing a big ‘ole fit about taking a nap (Laney’s fits are epic, once she gets going there is no going back). She was screaming and crying, and I was ignoring her. So, was the rest of the car (or so I thought)

Laney:

“I HATE quiet time, I’m not taking  a nap…… “ (etc. etc.  etc. blah blah… much screaming blah)

Colton:

(interjected in the 3 seconds while she took a breath to continue the screaming)

“tough beans Na-ney”

Ahh… out of the mouth of babes. Stunned by this wisdom Delaney shut off the sirens, and I laughed so hard I almost crashed the car!

No comments: