Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sugar Dish Quilt Along with Marcie

So, I completely stole this post from Marcie’s blog. We are going to start working on it soon so if you’re interested let us know! I’m going to be using a jelly roll by Moda- Hello Luscious.

__________________________________________________

Last weekend at the craft retreat, Amy and I talked about both wanting to try Dresden quilt blocks…which led to remembering this pattern from one of my favorite pattern writers:

Sugar_DishCover_thumb

Sugar Dish by Cluck Cluck Sew
(click on picture for link to where you can buy the pattern)

And decided we wanted to do a quilt along. Only, neither of us have hosted a quilt along before, so we’re not real sure how to do it. Maybe it will just be the two of us, though, and we won’t have to worry about how to host one! ha!

If you want to Dresden-quilt-along with us, here are the fabric requirements:

1 Jelly Roll
1 1/8 yards cream
6 squares 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" for dresden plate circles
1/2 yard binding
3 yards backing

I’m going to use Papillion by 3 Sisters for my quilt. I picked up this Jelly Roll at Craft Warehouse last weekend with my 40% off coupon! Score!

IMG_1818

 

So – would anyone like to join us? We haven’t talked much about timelines or dates…we’re pretty easy going. :)

Should we try to get started by the 1st of March? We’d love to hear if you’re going to quilt along with us…or if we’re the only two crazies that want to try Dresden blocks. That’s entirely possible!! We’ll still have a good time and a beautiful quilt to show for it!

No comments: