Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Few More Sewing projects



Delaney LOVES Mickey Mouse right now- and any clothing item with any Mickey Mouse character is her absolute favorite. Too bad most of them are trashy, age inappropriate and stupid. So I was glad to reach a compromise when I discovered this Minnie Mouse shirred fabric at Jo Annes. It comes on the bolt already shirred and hemmed all I did was sew it together and add some straps- she loves it. You can also see that she decided to accessorize it herself with some rain boots and a plaid purse.




I made this car seat cover awhile ago and I am in love. You see I have this thing about people (especially strangers) touching my baby. They always seem to touch his hands (which go right in his mouth) and God only knows what those people have been doing with their hands. I have found that this cover (combined with my evil eye) does a good job of keeping those wandering hands away. I used this tutorial but on mine I added some elastic around the back side so that it wasn't always slipping and flying away. Seriously- I can't tell you how handy it is.


And finally these are some blocks I finished for a quilt I'm working on for Delaney... nothing too exciting...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That quilt is gonna be CUTEEEEE!!! I love the mickey mouse. Good work lady!!

Candace Wegner said...

I totally wish you were with me the other day in Michaels. This girl that worked there came up to me to look at Kegan and she proceeded to touch his bottom lip like, "coochie coo". I stood there in complete shock! Who knows where her hands had been. In the stockroom, the register? If you were there you could have saved me and told her off! I had no idea what to do, it had never happed to me before!