Friday, May 7, 2010

Uncle Aanew


So I've been thinking about this guy a lot lately-
My brother Andrew moved to Pittsburg after Christmas this year to start a management training program with the Fairmont Hotel, and we miss him like crazy! Since he is so far away, and doesn't get much time off we haven't been able to see him in what seems like forever- he hasn't gotten to meet Colton or play with the Laney Bug in a really long time! But the thing is- that despite the fact that we all miss him like crazy, I'm also crazy proud of him (and a little jealous too!). He's got skills that I can only dream about... he and his cutie girlfriend Jessica have moved to this new town and already met people, gone to plays, baseball games, German bars (he he he) and done a dozen other cool things exploring Pittsburgh, whereas I moved to Seattle and rarely left my cave except for groceries and coffee.
He is brave and can talk to anyone (contrast that with the fact that I can barely speak to the checker at Costco without getting nervous). He is a supastar at his job and has already gotten several awards- so he's pretty much amazing. I dream of being as funny and easy going as he is. He is friends with everyone- and everyone he meets seems to fall in love with him (contrast that with the fact that I have like three friends... hmmm... sounding more and more like I got the short end of the gene pool-eh?). I hope he doesn't become famous and move away for good...
Drew- we miss you- try to screw something up so you don't become president of the Fairmont and live in the big city forever, cause we think you're kinda cool and would like you around!


No comments: