Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Any Suggestions???

Okay- so I'm looking for some advice...

Laney has been really struggling since Colton arrived, she doesn't seem mad at him... just me! We've had LOTS of crying... and screaming... oh and did I mention the screaming? It takes nothing to set her off- you pour juice in the green cup not the purple cup- she wanted to open the door "by herself", she wanted to read the book at the table not in her room..... you get the idea. LOTS and LOTS of crying.... and did I mention the S C R E A M I N G ????

I know that she's adjusting, and that it is just part of being two- but I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions for making it a little more peaceful in our house.

I've always dealt with her tantrums by sending her to her room until she calms down (right now that results in her spending A LOT of quality time in her room, and that seems to stop her tantrums- but doesn't stop her from having another one 5 minutes later.

So, that's my problem- any suggestions on how to make this a little easier on all of us?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Come visit Moo Moo!!

The Gill Family said...

We were totally there about a year ago. Landon hated me not the baby but me. I hate to say it but it will pass and that's about all you can do. Make sure to take her out just you two for a walk or something short. Lots of daddy time helps too. See you guys in July.

liv said...

Goodluck. I'll be there in a few short weeks. Let me know what works for ya! :) I hope you are getting some sleep and adjusting well.